Friday, April 16, 2010

pre game turmoil

It started out just another game day, hop on the bus and head to the rink for a morning game day skate, that all changed when Wezzy brought out a contract that had been written up between him and the Hansen's shootout team. Every pre game skate we finish with each player taking one break away against each goalie, with 4 players on each team, the team with the most total goals is owed a pre game meal by the other team. The Hansen team is made up of : Rich Hansen, Jon Pelle, Les Reaney, and Riley Weslewski. The Hodge team is made up of : Brendon Hodge, Jamie Vanderveeken, Derek Leblanc, and Dave Grimson.
But when Wezzy went down to injury Rich and Jon needed a replacement thats when they came to me, they had come to me before for a pre game skate when they were short, when I scored the crucial tying goal to save them from buying lunch I thought I was signed on for the long haul, but to my dismay I was quickly sent down off the team. So when the contract was scripted for my longer term signing to replace an injured Wezzy I knew something had to be made certain, I needed some sort of severance if they were to do that to me again. So my contract read as follows:

- If I were to score twice the team would provide juice for me after the skate if the team had won.
- I was only able to use the move to my backhand once in the shootout.
- I was allowed to chirp both Hansen and Pelle on any of there moves with no repercussions.
and the last one I was to make myself, so i took care of myself
- If I were to get sent down again the team would owe me 2 pre game meals as compensation.

After signed by all everyone was happy, except for Wezzy of course. So upon his return Wezzy brought a document that Hansen and Pelle never thought they'd see again, it was Wezzy's contract that went something like this:
- 1 cup of juice with 2 goals and a team win delivered to his stall with ice.
- No Waive clause. (that had been crossed out, but not initialed by any party therefor void)
- And a base salary of $0 give or take $10.

It was the no waive clause that had put Jon and Rich in a pickle, with the severance on my deal very costly, they needed to find an alternative, Wezzy threatening to sue for 2 meals if his contract was not honored, When Les offered to step down if only 1 of his meals be paid for that was the cheapest option for the Owner Hansen and GM Pelle. So that was it, Les was out Wezzy and I were in, seems funny letting go of a 90 point player for 2 d men but it had to me done. "With Fritsy's strong contracting skills and a flaw in Wezzy's contract we did what had to be done, and what we could afford at the time, we hate to see Les go but when he offered to leave we knew his heart wasn't in the right place for us to move on," explained by the team GM Jon Pelle. With the teams finally set the shoot out came, after the first round of players the score was tied 1-1 but the second round belonged to Hansen's team, with both players of controversy (Wezzy and I) scoring a goal a piece, Pelle scored the clincher to win 4-2, and was satisfied with there final decision. When asked what was going through his mind before he took that last shot Wezzy was heavy on the shoulders, "I was bearing a lot of pressure, after the fight I went though to get back on the team I knew I had to come through. Scoring what was eventually the GWG, the piano was off the back and it was nice to celebrate with the team again."

8 comments:

  1. I suppose the winning team orders two of everything off the menu too! haha Very nice step up by Wezzy to get his contract back! Good luck tonight boys! Least 4 of you will be well fed and got there morning juice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just cracks me up! You always wonder how "well" the team gels off the ice... if the darts tourny and this aren't proof... Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Pete's sake, watch the headline man! I can't be the only one that was half scared to death until I started reading! Anyway, geaux Rush...let's have a crawdad boil tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, had me worried when I read the title -- as if the OT games aren't enough to make my heart skip a beat, or two....Good luck tonight boys! We'll be cheering you on at Pauly's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy crap I about choked from laughing so hard...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that was the funniest thing i have read in a long time! sounds like you guys sure have fun! =) have a good game tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So are you in law school off the ice, if not, you should be! You drive a mean bargain.

    ReplyDelete