Wednesday, May 5, 2010

CHAMPS!!!

Hello everyone I'm blogging on very few minutes of sleep so please excuse and mistakes, well it's all over and when starting the playoffs and this blog it ended the way I dreamt it would almost every night. I'd like to apologize for the absence of the blogs lately the superstitious hockey player in me took over, let me explain. When I blogging I noticed a trend that i wouldn't write one after a loss then we would win and I'd just write about both games, mostly because I would be so rattled after the loss I wouldn't feel like talking about it, but then we'd win so I would share. Well eventually I realized our routine of going 1 win 1 loss the last 2 series and decided that every game after I wrote a blog we lost, and if I didn't write one we'd win, so after the game 3 loss in Allen I was obviously down about the game and didn't feel like talking about it so didn't bother with the blog, and a win in game 4 is when I became superstitious and decided against writing it, well all the talent on our team aside I really think we won it all because I stopped blogging and we won 3 straight.

Other than the games which most of you know about already not a lot has gone on, well other than a funny little incident on a elevator that I would love to share with you. It was Monday morning when our bus dropped us off at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport and we were flying home us a game and everybody was in great spirits, ready to head home and close out the series. When we walked off the bus we found an elevator that would take us to the ticket counter 1 story up. We filed about 10 guys in and hit the 2nd floor button and were off, when the elevator stopped and you expect the doors to open they wouldn't, when I looked around I couldn't help but notice a couple guys with a panic look on there face so I started to jokingly push against them because they were obviously claustrophobic and I thought it was pretty funny thats when the panic really came out of our most veteran player, Scott Wray, now for those of you kids reading this I'm going to have to ask you to put your ear muffs on because this story wont work well I edit Wrayzers exact words. It started with a very loud "Quit F@#$ING AROUND" then we decided to get some help so Wezzy being closest to the buttons started hitting the alarm button making a very loud bell noise, while Hansen made the call on the telephone. "STOP HITTING THE F#&@ING BUTTONS" screamed Wrayzer who when I looked at him had his fist cocked like he was going to punch poor old Wez. When I realized that he was legitimately FREAKING out I tried to calm him before he knocked Wezzy out but was laughing a little at the same time, I mean come on it was funny. Then Rich got through to the guy on the other end of the emergency phone and told him our dilemma, thats when Wrayzer started prying the doors of the elevator open to what I thought would be to climb out, Vandy thought he would offer him a drink of his gatorade and Wrayzers response was "WHY THE F%#K WOULD I WANT A DRINK" Vandy was again left speechless. Thats when I burst out laughing which didn't help poor Wray's situation but he pried the doors open enough to see that we were at the 2nd floor the doors just wouldn't open, then decided he could calm down because he saw people. Makes no sense to me but it was nice to see some of the blood leave his face and go tend to the rest of his body. When the elevator was fixed and we made it out of there it's was all smiles and laughter and a lot of making fun of Wray, because in total we were maybe stuck on there for 3 minutes and 47 seconds total. When I asked Wezzy about the incident he was just excited to be pressing buttons, " I never knew what that alarm button was actually used for, I have pressed it in the past as a joke but never realized it's there for serious situations, so I thought I would take advantage and really hammer down on it until Scott yelled at me to stop, I felt like a little kid getting in trouble from dad." Wrayzer refused to comment.

Well since there isn't any hockey to talk about left, I will be posting some pics of us hanging out with Ray ( Ray Miron Presidents Trophy ) for those who didn't get it. Also I'd like to say that if anyone has any questions about things that happened during the playoff run that you were curious about feel free to ask. I'll answer the best I can and if it's appropriate of course. Thank you and remember, KEEP FIT AND HAVE FUN

24 comments:

  1. congratulations on the win guys!! you are all so amazing, and totally deserved it!! and i have really enjoyed reading your blog about your run in the playoffs. i cannot wait until next season, and hopefully i will be getting season tickets this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great season guys! Have fun hanging out with our new friend Ray for at least a year! Last night's game had to the best show EVER! We were on pins and needles for those two OTs and feeling a little claustrophobic ourselves with 32 seconds left, when Wrayzer pried the barn doors open to let Ray in! Wooooooohoo! That...was...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS to ALL of you for such a fun ride!!! From the beginning to the end, this has been a year we'll all remember ..... and say, "we was there"!!! You guys are not only champs on the ice, but off as well!! From helping feed after games to enjoying the wins and knowing in the end ..... YOU ARE THE CHAMPS .... we've LOVED IT ALL!!! We knew last night you guys would "dig deep" and come out the CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM we all knew!!! Congratulations!!!
    By the way ..... season tickets for next year already bought!! See ya next year guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoop...Whoop...Still buzzing today....so awesome...the whole team...everyone blocked shots...total team win...have fun with Ray..and tks for a great year..you did it Fritsy...true leader...tks for the blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are amazing and that game was amazing!! Still totally excited about the game and really can't wait for next season!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great game, awesome season!! Thanks for the great memories all the Rush fans will all have forever!! It is always special when a team wins a championship, but when a team does it with the class and hard work you guys did it with it is even more so. Around town it is "our guys", "our team", "our boys", and that is because all of you guys have become part of Rapid City. The Rush organization should be proud of the men they brought to this team, the kind of people that gladly went out in the community and became part of it. Coach Ferris said no matter what you guys will always be brothers because of this championship, you will also always be "OUR BOYS" because of it. I know some things will change but hopefully a good number of you guys will be back. It would be great if you all were.Again thanks for a SUPER SEASON and you guys are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luke, that was again hilarious...poor Wray. I feel bad..but yet I can't stop laughing. That was absolutely the best game...team...and season ever. I think I suffered a bit of a stroke last night..but well worth it. "Why would I want a F**KING DRINK??!!" I'll be reliving that for a while. Thank you for your writing and updates and I hope that you keep it going. We love to hear the behind the scenes' stories and stuff that make all of you guys so great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Captain!!! Congrats on the CUP!!! What an amazing season you all have given us fans! Cant wait til october!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry about the superstitions; the only people I've ever met who are more superstitious than professional sports players, are fighter pilots. Anyway, congrats to you guys!! What a ride! I think a lot of the fans were almost as exhausted as you were!

    Strange thing; the last time I went through DFW airport, it was 1995. Oddly enough, MY elevator didn't work either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Cant wait til next season. Are RUSH fans called RUSHIANS?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go boys!!! What a way to end the series....I think you gave all of us some minor heart attacks....but what a game to end it all!!! It was so awesome to see two great teams battle each other, nearly two full games worth of action...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It has been great to go and watch every single one of you guys play as one....You are all awesome and it was great to watch you bring the cup home and win...You all deserved it...Congrats to Reaney on MVP...Fritshaw, it has been great reading your blog...You made me laugh at time so hard I was in tears...Great Year to you all...YOU ARE ALL THE BEST TEAM IN THE CHL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. First off Congrat's guys!!! Thanks Luke for keeping us up to date and telling us some great behind the scene stories. Sorry Wray I know we are laughing at your expense but I am sure in the long run you will have a payback for Luke blogging this. But you got to admit that is some funny stuff! By the way it was awesome that you kids got to come out and share in your victory last night. Your kids will remember that forever and us fans will remember last night forever. We couldn't be the best fans in the CHL without having the best team in the CHL. We are so proud of all of you and so happy to have you in our commumity. You do great things on and off the ice!
    Now Luke I do have one question if you or anyone else has time to answer could you tell me what happens now that the playoff's are over. Do you guys get ready for the upcoming season in a few months or is it a wait from your agents to see who you play for or who wants which players. Call me a rookie but I know that changes are made with players and was wondering how the team will look next season. I personally am hoping for all of you to be back. Just curious on how the process works. Take care guys and thanks again for the awesome ride!!! Look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its been a spectactular, rivoting, breath-taking, excellent, groovy, spellbinding, inspirational, dramatic, excruciating, heart-stopping, glorious helluva ride boys. What’s the plan for next season?

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! So proud of you boys. Like other's have said.........you all have become a part of ALL our families! We live in the northern hills and are more then willing to travel to watch OUR BOYS PLAY! Congrats to all of you. Looking foward to buying season tickets and spending even more time with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What are you listening to in your ipod right now? Who's your favorite nephew? Funniest memory from growing up? When are you heading home for the summer? Fork or spoon? Will you blog again?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome run fellas! Makes being a season ticketholder that much sweeter. Savor every minute because the memories last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will remember this for a life time!! Thanks so much! Here's a question...what happens now? Do we know of anyone for sure coming back nex season? Who all turned vet status this season?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hadn't been to a hockey game in 30 years. Took my son to one when I returned from overseas and we both enjoyed it. Decided to take in another game during the playoffs and ended up being hooked. Attend all the games through the finals, and watched the ones away on CHL TV. Congrats on the big win, and thanks for a couple of heart stoppers, LOL. Looking forward to next season. I also want to thank all the fans, I really felt the excitement they have for the team and glad that the Black Hills Area has showed its support.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Our family are extremely happy and proud of OUR RAPID CITY RUSH.....they are feeling though very depressed about the absence of hockey games till October.....

    My question is where is the Cup going to be displayed during the 2010 regular season play? Also, when do we get another Banner to hang as we have started a nice collection of them?

    Thank you for blogging for us.....and we did miss your blogs. We checked daily to see if you had anything to say.......maybe not really about the game...just what you boys were doing like that entire Sunday before you returned to Rapid.... like saving lives, etc.

    Two OT...... on a work night...crazy.... we are glad you all didn't give in....as we, your fans....were trying to keep it pumped up ourselves.

    Thanks.....again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i just saw the article on rapid city journal about pelle. =( is that really true? if it is, i will be so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First I would like to say congrats on the win, what a great season! Second, the elevator story was too funny, I laughed my a$$ off! sorry Wray! Also, I am a huge fan of Pelle and I am very sad to see him go, but I am happy for him too. Thanks for the blogs and if you have anymore funny stories do share!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow what a season. thank you guys so much for well everything. someday i'd like to have the same feeling you players have when you won.

    Luke, are you going to be on the rush next year?

    Sort of not about you but
    Will Danny Battochio be back next year?

    ReplyDelete